Thursday, March 13, 2008

Rise and shine...

Just a quick update. My out-patient surgery is scheduled for next Thursday, March 20th, at 7:00 a.m. I'll be arriving at Woodwinds at 5:45! (Yes, I know certain people are already at work at that time!)

I also got a call back from the American Cancer Society today. I'm registered for a "Look Good, Feel Better" class in Woodbury in early April. Professionals teach you how to use make-up, etc., to help keep you looking good and therefore feeling better & more confident throughout treatment (especially loss of eyelashes, eyebrows, etc.).

This is just one of an abundance of resources that I never knew existed. I'll take advantage of anything that is positive and healing that will make this journey less arduous.

Please keep me and my family and the surgical team in your prayers on the 20th. It will be the first day of Spring. A day of new beginnings! Thank you!

3 comments:

Linda Ash said...

Hi Wendee, Your posts are so informational- I guess you have been on a really large learning curve and sound like you are doing great considering all of the newness of this whole journey. It sounds like you have a great medical and surgical team. You and your family will be in my prayers now and next week. I hope that this will be the last surgery and you can then take the next step towards good health again.
Hugs, Linda Ash

Arnold and Gail said...

Dear Wendee,
It appears you have a great handle on things. May God give you strength going into your next surgery.
We know you will overcome this challenge.
God Bless You.
You are in our prayers.
Arnold and Gail

Sue said...

Dear Wendee,
I'm really missing you at our POS meetings and think about you and pray for you everyday.
Hugs and prayers -
Sue